REMEMBER...

LIFE IS A GARDEN; ENJOY THE STROLL.

August 16, 2016

DOG DAYS OF SUMMER

I sure hope the dog days of summer has either reached its tail end, or its last leg.  I'm so over this hot, sticky, weather. Matter of fact, I was over it when it all started.  How about you?

Some unexpected events disrupted my blog posting flow this summer, and I just wasn't driven enough to not let them get in my way.  Perhaps with having signed on to participate in a local craft fair this coming October, I'll have some creative content to share with you in the near future.  I also skimped on photographing the many container plantings I did for my clients, except for a few -
linda nelson at the createaerie
©Linda Nelson 2016
linda nelson at the createaerie
©Linda Nelson 2016
linda nelson at the createaerie
©Linda Nelson 2016
linda nelson at the createaerie
©Linda Nelson 2016
linda nelson at the createaerie
©Linda Nelson 2016

This little shed garden redo was a fun project.  I snuck in some cucumber seeds under the trellis, which took off very nicely, and which I thought, added to the overall humble charm.
linda nelson at the createaerie
©Linda Nelson 2016
Look what I spotted growing in my yard!  I don't know what species of mushroom they are, but aren't they fabulous?  Nature's way of decorating...... I love it!
linda nelson at the createaerie
©Linda Nelson 2016
I printed out a draft image on plain paper, then doodled over it.  It will get stashed in my box of patterns and templates for later use.
linda nelson at the createaerie
©Linda Nelson 2016
I thought the lichen growing on the bark of this pine tree was rather interesting.  With the image rotated a quarter turn, it resembles a mountainside, does it not?
linda nelson at the createaerie
©Linda Nelson 2016
Well, that's all for now.  I long for those cool, crisp perfect sleeping weather evenings.  Don't you?

2 comments:

  1. The garden shed redo is darling, love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gail. That little shed resides on Montauk Hwy in Bridgehampton.

      Delete

Go ahead, drop me a comment!