REMEMBER...

LIFE IS A GARDEN; ENJOY THE STROLL.

July 12, 2015

LOSS IN THE MIDST OF SUMMER

A male friend of mine just recently relocated to another state.  Perhaps I might have hoped that this move might never come......... Perhaps I might(actually, without a doubt)have desired more than a friendship.  Nonetheless, while he had been living in the area, he was a friend who I could count on for sound, grounded advice and perspectives on questions I posed, and an occasional chuckle with regard to various topics.  I silently weep as I go about my life, yet I am grateful for the part of himself he shared with me.
Why am I sharing this with you?  I suppose it's akin to one sitting at a bus stop and sharing from the heart, and with no strings attached.  No followup conversation, no reporting back.  There's no need to analyze, evaluate or pick apart the issue with a best friend, loving sibling, or nurturing parent.  Truth is, there is no issue.  It's a loss in its rawest form.
Godspeed to all who must move on.

4 comments:

  1. I am sorry for your loss Linda! It is never easy and sorrow is a part of life. Your post is a beautiful tribute and so touching. If I was the friend you wrote about I would feel very loved and honored. Let your heart sing and cry freely - it is a gift to be able to put words on your emotions. I wish you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, Charlotte.

      Delete
  2. A loss for both of you. Your gentle spirit will be rewarded. Wishing you the best.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, drop me a comment!