REMEMBER...

LIFE IS A GARDEN; ENJOY THE STROLL.

July 11, 2015

I WAS ALL SOLD OUT.........

............before I even got started.
©Linda Nelson 2015
No, this is not a post about a fabulously refinished patio table, though there's no doubt it certainly could use a facelift.  Today's post is a funny little story about what I set out to do, but shortly thereafter, was redirected.

I needed to take it easy this weekend, as I am recuperating from an acute pinched nerve in my lower back (ouch!).  I decided that I would make some fresh cut bud vases, set them out at the end of my driveway on this table, and kerplunk a "FRESH CUT BOUQUET" sign at the end of my road.  My expectations were not high, as today was a picture perfect beach day; I'm sure that's where most folks would be.  Perhaps on their way back from the beach they'd realize that they absolutely had to schlepp some fresh flowers home.  Well, one gentleman, who was my first customer, had no plan for going to the beach.  I gather he was running some pre-dinner party errands for his wife, saw my sign, and thought some fresh flowers for the tables would be nice.  He texted an image of my arrangements to her, asked me to make a few more in addition to what was on the table, handed me a deposit, jotted down the drop-off destination, then drove off.

Seriously.  Does it get any easier or better than that?  I was so flattered, and so happy to make use of my personal floral stock for the beautification of this couple's dinner party.

I finished making the additional arrangements, delivered the goods, then realized..............

............my backache was gone.
©Linda Nelson 2015
And that was my day.

2 comments:

  1. Serendipity! How wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it certainly was. And, certainly unexpected.

      Delete

Go ahead, drop me a comment!