REMEMBER...

LIFE IS A GARDEN; ENJOY THE STROLL.

June 23, 2015

SO MANY CHAIRS, YET NO INCLINATION TO SIT!

I don't know which grows quicker..... weeds, or my list of garden tasks and such that I am driven to accomplish.  How I would love to just sit back in one of these vintage aluminum chairs, but I'm much too motivated to get things done.  I've got quite a few inviting sitting areas about my property.  As of yet, they're just props posing for pretty pictures.  There's no sitting going on around here.  Not yet, anyway.
©Linda Nelson 2015
©Linda Nelson 2015
The most rewarding of my laborious efforts this year was deer netting my vegetable corral.  A friend assisted me in executing this task, along with the construction of the raised beds which we accomplished last fall.  Do not take it for granted if you do not need to fence your vegetable garden.  Consider yourself very, very blessed.  There are just too many deer friends in my neighborhood.
©Linda Nelson 2015
An old bedspring serves as my gate.  Another one serves as a trellis for my cucumbers.
©Linda Nelson 2015
©Linda Nelson 2015
©Linda Nelson 2015
Zucchini squash are growing beautifully......
©Linda Nelson 2015
..... as are the swiss chard, which I've been harvesting for a few weeks now.

Euphorbia 'Autumn Sunset', poking up in the foreground in the photo below, is one of my favorite perennial plants; its orangey bracts are a real delight.
©Linda Nelson 2015
©LInda Nelson 2015
I used a sedum division from an obnoxiously large plant to fill this decorative little pot.  It's simple and pretty.  Come the end of the season, I'll just plant it in the ground.
©Linda Nelson 2015
These succulents, as well as others in my tender collection, are enjoying the outdoors after having been cooped inside all winter.
©Linda Nelson 2015
©Linda Nelson 2015
And finally........ one more sitting area, which like the others, awaits my tush to plant itself in.

©Linda Nelson 2015
Happy Summer, folks!




3 comments:

  1. Beautiful gardens, Linda! You obviously have a green thumb! We don't have deer in our neighborhood, but I've heard they are very destructive. We have enough trouble on our hands with the rabbits :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie. Gardening serves as my career as well as my passion; it's my craft. Funny thing, the bunnies were abundant this spring, more so than in other years. If it's not one uninvited guest, it's another:)

      Delete
  2. siediti Linda e goditi il tuo magnifico giardino, e se hai una ista anche sull'orto, meglio ancora!
    lori

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, drop me a comment!