REMEMBER...

LIFE IS A GARDEN; ENJOY THE STROLL.

March 15, 2015

SHABBY AND SCRATCHY: ALTERED GLASS TECHNIQUE

Last year I made this springtime altered picture frame using my "scratch technique" on the glass.
©linda nelson 2015
©Linda Nelson 2015
©linda nelson 2015
©Linda Nelson 2015
©linda nelson 2015
©Linda Nelson 2015
When I brought it out for display this past week, its presence triggered me to duplicate that technique on some other glass surfaces I had lying around, such as this little picture frame.
©linda nelson 2015
©Linda Nelson 2015
It looked like the perfect candidate for some altered scratchy action.  I think it adds an interesting and abstract element to the subject.  Could that be green grass that the bunny is hiding in?  Maybe.
©linda nelson 2015
©Linda Nelson 2015
I also used the technique on some herb jars, though I have not yet followed through with further adorning and embellishing them.  In time an idea will come to my mind.
©linda nelson 2015
©Linda Nelson 2015
Perhaps you'd like to visit my post from the past, give this altered glass technique a try, and see what fabulous and scratchy creation you come up with.

Let's see what else has hopped out of hiding lately.
©linda nelson 2015
©Linda Nelson 2015
I fed some old gift bags to my paper shredder and used the shreds to fill these glass storage canisters. The shreds could also serve as a very thrifty Easter basket filler, don't you think?
©linda nelson 2015
©Linda Nelson 2015
©linda nelson 2015
©Linda Nelson 2015

Above are some things I have on my mantle......... which may get rearranged or shifted around the room.  Or not.   I'm very practiced in the art of rearranging an arranged rearrangement.  I can prove that with the yellow frame, pictured below......and above.
©linda nelson 2015
©Linda Nelson 2015

It has served as a backdrop and prop for the past couple of weeks.  It's been on the mantle, then off the mantle, then back on the mantle.  It almost got hung on the wall, and I'm almost certain that I hear it whisper "loco" under its breath each time I walk passed it.  I'm sure you've seen it lurking around in some of my most recent posts.

Well, there you have it.  A little scratching, some rearranging, and always, always always some creating going on around here at the createaerie.

Is it spring yet?



4 comments:

  1. Very nice! I haven't used this technique, I will have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a rather simple technique. Have fun!

      Delete
  2. You always make me want to run from the computer and create... Do you have a tutorial for the scratched glass technique?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I edited the placement of my link to that tutorial post, Brooke. Thanks for mentioning something. Skim through the post again and you should be able to find it. Happy scratching!

      Delete

Go ahead, drop me a comment!