REMEMBER...

LIFE IS A GARDEN; ENJOY THE STROLL.

September 14, 2014

A LITTLE COASTAL CREATING

If you happen to live along the salty east coast, I'm sure you'll agree that this is one of the most loveliest seasons of the year to stroll the beach.  Swimming crowds are gone (except for extreme diehards and surfers), and the weather is comfortable for walking any time of day.  It's also a lovely time of the year to make beachy, coastal things, like weathered snow fence picket ornaments and paste wax polished seashells.
©Linda Nelson 2014
I've been in my "lab" concocting a recipe for tinted paste wax, and though it's not quite yet perfected, I needed to try it out on something.
©Linda Nelson 2014
Not bad for a first round of experimentation, right?
©Linda Nelson 2014
These little ornaments are not so much a stab at experimenting, but just scratching the surface of the many more designs to come.  Quite appropriate for a fisherman's Christmas tree, wouldn't you say?
©Linda Nelson 2014
Happy beach strolling, all you seaside dwellers.




4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing at the Twirl & Take a Bow Party! Have an awesome week!
    Leslie
    House on the Way

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Leslie. I enjoy the parties!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like a little more detail about your tinted waxes. I haven't tried it myself and have wondered what I would use it on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paste wax is generally applied to furniture as a final finish to a piece, tinted wax sometimes being preferred. I'm just messing around with basic paste wax to see what I can tint it with, and what I can apply it to. Total experimentation. Look for DIY recipes online as a basic guide, then take it from there to see what you come up with concocting your own.

      Delete

Go ahead, drop me a comment!