REMEMBER...

LIFE IS A GARDEN; ENJOY THE STROLL.

August 18, 2014

A GRAY-MINTY-BLUE WEEKEND AT THE CREATEAERIE

I was smitten by the gray-minty-blues this past weekend, and couldn't resist making this arrangement.
©Linda Nelson 2014
My mountain mint (Pycnanthemum muticum) is in its glory right now.  What a gorgeous surface for these two wasps to make love upon!
©Linda Nelson 2014

And, look at my poppy seed pods!  I purchased a packet of seeds back in late April, and took a chance sowing them.  Though the seeds were supposed to be sown the previous fall for timely spring flowering, these guys did okay blooming in the heat of the summer.  I've marked my calendar for sowing my harvested seeds this fall as a good gardening gal should.  But, aren't they just gorgeous?  A color palette inspiration, perhaps?
©Linda Nelson 2014
I plucked a couple of Echinacea seed heads just for the fun of it.  I like to think of them as my little garden sea urchins.  And, see the lichen covered stick?  I found that over two years ago.  It stays outside on one of my patio tables 365 days a year.   Every once in a while I dunk it in my birdbath to hydrate it.  For the love of me, I don't know why I keep it.  Maybe it's that gray-minty-blue thing.
©Linda Nelson 2014
What color was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, drop me a comment!