REMEMBER...

LIFE IS A GARDEN; ENJOY THE STROLL.

July 14, 2014

DON'T "LEAF" THEM OUT!: A LITTLE CHALLENGE FOR FLOWER LOVERS

Hey there, flower lovers, I challenge you to create some summer vase arrangements with just foliage.  Yes, just foliage.  Does that idea make you squirm?  Well, it shouldn't.  Why do you wait until winter time to trek outside, pruners in hand, and cut the available lovely foliage when you could be doing that all year long?  There's so much to choose from during the summer.  And, I'm not talking about giant Philodendron leaves you purchase at the florist's shop.  Yes, they're pretty; but I'm suggesting that you actually peruse your very own yard.  You will be delightfully surprised by the abundance of contenders.
©linda nelson 2014
©Linda Nelson 2014
Here are a few that I've made for my home; I find them just as delightful and decorative as my floral arrangements.  They're cool, refreshing and calming.
©linda nelson 2014
©Linda Nelson 2014
©Linda Nelson 2014
Like the little belted detail?   Just dive into your accessory drawer to see what you can find.
©linda nelson 2014
©Linda Nelson 2014
What about a dainty little.......?  Well, we won't call it a bud vase.  But, you get the point.

I hope these examples might inspire you to arrange some leafy beauties of your own.
View my post from the past for one more idea.  Then, go ahead, take the challenge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, drop me a comment!