REMEMBER...

LIFE IS A GARDEN; ENJOY THE STROLL.

June 13, 2014

SUMMER PLANTINGS UNDERWAY

My summer container plantings are underway and growing into photograph worthy works of art.  I look forward to sharing more with you as the summer progresses, but here are a few that I hope will inspire and delight.
I think this mossy rock wall, pictured below, is the perfect backdrop for the pedestal urn.  Two chipmunks certainly thought so, though they were too busy chasing each other around to grant me a snapshot.
©linda nelson 2014
©Linda Nelson 2014
Croton, the colorful leafy plant I used in this blue urn, makes for a wonderful player in many planting ensembles.  Its deeply saturated patterns of green, yellow, orange and red provide you the opportunity to choose which color(s) you'd like to play up; in this case, I chose the juicy, fruity orange Lantana 'Miss Huff' and the lemony yellow Lysimachia aurea.  The fern's role is a contrasting texture to all its companions.
©linda nelson 2014
©Linda Nelson 2014
This year, in lieu of using Evolvulus 'Blue Daze' when drawing from my blue plant color palette, I've chosen Anagallis 'Angie Blue'.  I like this plant's somewhat looser habit, and its electrifying hue delivers just the right amount of dazzle without being overbearing.
©linda nelson 2014
©Linda Nelson 2014
©linda nelson 2014
©Linda Nelson 2014
I do hope you are enjoying playing with plants this summer.  It's really just three-dimensional decorative painting when you think about it.  And, yes, a little bit of maintenance, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, drop me a comment!