REMEMBER...

LIFE IS A GARDEN; ENJOY THE STROLL.

June 20, 2014

MY DEAREST LITTLE PATIO....

©Linda Nelson 2014
My dearest little patio,
My coffee and I eagerly greet you every morning, you know.
Together we tread about upon you,
Taking in all the delights and curiosities an early summer morning brings.

You've earned your faults.
You weather with grace and dignity.
And I love you for it.

Trusty old friend,
You never fail me.
Another season is here.

This patio is my little garden sweet spot, just outside my office.  All of my bird feeders encircle it; the platform feeder mounted on the barn happens to be a feathered friend favorite.  The squirrels love it, too.  I added another feeder to the area, a repurposed creation, by simply fitting a baker's sifting pan into into a french bucket.  The perfect fit was pure luck.  Sweet.  A couple of bricks placed inside the bucket keep it bottom heavy; otherwise, the you know who's would knock it over in no time.

©Linda Nelson 2014


©Linda Nelson 2014
A handy little tub of planted citronella balm makes for an impromptu mosquito repellant.  Other potted plantings are kept simple and in scale with this intimate setting.

©Linda Nelson 2014
©Linda Nelson 2014
Is your patio poem worthy?  If not, make it so.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, drop me a comment!