REMEMBER...

LIFE IS A GARDEN; ENJOY THE STROLL.

March 11, 2014

I SCOLDED, THEN SAID, "THANK YOU".

©Linda Nelson 2014
Shame on the person who discarded this empty cologne bottle on the side of the road rather than putting it in a recycling bin.  And at the same time, thank you.  That shameful act just added another embellishment worthy bud vase to my collection, and it took me all of five minutes to make.

I do use my bud vases for flowers; therefore, I decorate them in such a way so that I can easily remove the embellishments and wash the vase when necessary.  This is where my stash of brooches or clip-on earrings come into play.  For this little salvaged gem, I first removed the atomizer component to the perfume bottle, sanded the bottle's outer surface with 100 grit sand paper, then washed it thoroughly.  A strip of duck canvas and a piece of leather held together with a vintage stock pin for the body, and cotton twine for the neck completes the look.  It couldn't be any simpler.

View my post from the past to see other bottles I have decorated.
©Linda Nelson 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, drop me a comment!